1. I’m a proud owner and avid user of my Kindle by Amazon. I was an early adopter so I got one of those initial full-priced units that is almost twice what the identical model costs today. I’ve written about my admiration of the Kindle in past posts. Here’s an interesting article in last week’s issue of Newsweek that explains why neither the Nook or the iPad is a “Kindle Killer!”
2. Let’s consider one more Kindle story – the new wifi only version – that will sell for just $139. At that price they’re almost disposable! WhisperNet is great but for most people WiFi is enough. If you’ve been waiting to jump into the pool on this device it’s time to take the plunge. The water is fine! But you will have to wait in line. They are back-ordered to Sept 4.
3. Are you an experienced kayaker? My wife and I just ordered two kayaks from LLBean that should arrive any day. Besides the car racks and PFDs what else should I be prepared to buy in order to fully appreciate our time kayaking? Your comments, suggestions would be helpful.
4. Relevant magazine has some great new email newsletters that you might enjoy reading – including a daily (5x/week) Deeper Walk devotional. Subscribing to these is pretty painless.
5. Saturday was a big wedding day! I officiated at one in Centralia, WA for a great couple (the groom is in my mentoring group). Our sr pastor conducting another ceremony at our church for another wonderful couple, and a long-time friend and former member of my youth group got married in Missouri. Oh, right – there was a former president’s daughter who got married in a little ceremony in upstate New York. Congrats to all the newly married couples!
6. How’s your summer reading list coming along? I’m currently reading Garry Friesen’s “Decision Making and the Will of God” for my mentoring group, “Lead Like Ike” for Booksneeze.com, Crazy Love by Francis Chan (for the 2nd time), and just finished Kem Meyer’s “Less Clutter, Less Noise” and will be posting a review on it later this week.
Have a good week!