By birth I am right in the middle of the boomers. That is not debatable. At the same time, I am influenced by contemporary culture. There are some millennial traits that I have developed and several more that I have not.
Here’s a list of things that are true of me that are more millennial than boomer:
1) No land line. (No home phone for over 3 years.)
2) No wristwatch. (I own several but typically wear none.)
3) I blog, tweet, and Facebook.
4) I use product (actually Crew Fiber) in what’s left of my hair.
5) I wear Converse shoes. (I have two pair!)
6) I buy & sell on Craigslist.
7) I carry a messenger bag. Timbuktu
8) I read Relevant.
9) I mentor.
10) I text.
Here’s a list of things that are true of me that are more boomer than millennial:
1) No tats.
2) No piercings.
3) I am a grandparent.
4) I read the newspaper (everyday!).
5) I’m overweight.
6) I live in the suburbs.
7) I don’t wear skinny jeans (your welcome!).
8) Email is my primary means of communication.
9) I leave voice mail.
10) I carry my wallet in my back pocket.
What else would make these lists?