What? Start something as significant as coaching now? Just a we’re about to enter the busyness of the holiday season? Why not wait until after the first of the year?
Here are five reasons why today is absolutely the best time to start coaching:
- If you won’t start now you’re unlikely to start later. Putting things off until “the time is right” is a fools errand! The time is never right. There will always be distractions and busy schedules. By starting coaching now you will be able to get control of your life before the New Year starts. Actually, it’s this kind of “I’ll just wait until….” thinking is a strong indicator that getting a coach is imperative!
- It will give you a head start on those elusive New Year’s resolutions. How successful have you been in the past in making headway on your goals and resolutions? Like losing a few pounds, or changing your career, or finally getting control of your schedule? Would you like next year to be different? Initiating conversations with a coach now will permit you to put the actions into motion that will allow you to achieve the goals you’ve always hoped for.
- Coach’s Schedules Fill-Up In January. Beginning January 2, coach’s phones will start ringing and their email in-boxes will start overflowing. After the annual ritual of introspection leaves people wanting more, everyone will start looking for a way forward. Some of them will contact a coach. You can beat the rush and secure your place on their schedules by getting signed-up now. Even as I write this I am near my upper limit on my coaching load. Once that fills I won’t have openings for at least six months.
- It Will Change Your Storyline. Right now your story is riddled with enough failed attempts at getting things done to fill that junk drawer in your kitchen. How different would your life be if that were to change? Spending time with a coach will help make those changes a reality. Before you know it you will be telling all of your friends how great it feels to finally overcome those challenges and complete those tasks that have been unfinished for way too long. Let that be your story!
- Doing nothing is not an option. If you don’t get started – and get started now – the odds are pretty good that next year at this time you will come across another article like this one and realize that nothing has changed. In fact, you might have even made a few steps backwards instead of moving forward. That’s just no good. Take that first step. And do it now!
Contact me today and let’s get the conversation started.